Travel The Dargah Sharif of Khwaja Mu'inuddin Chishti:
The Dargah Sharif of Khwaja Mu'inuddin Chishti is situated at the foot of the Taraga?h hill, and consists of several white marble buildings arranged around two courtyards, including a massive gate donated by the Nizam of Hyderabad, a mosque donated by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, the Akbari Mosque, and the domed tomb of the saint. The Emperor Akbar, with his queen, used to come here by foot on pilgrimage from Agra every year in observance of a vow he had made when praying for a son. The large pillars called kose(Mile) Minar , erected at intervals of two miles (3 km) the whole way between Agra and Ajmer, marking the daily halting places of the royal pilgrim, are still extant.
HOLY SHRINE TIMINGS:
Winter: Gates are opened at 0500 hrs and closed at 2100 hrs.
Summer: Gates are opened at 0400 hrs and closed at 2200 hrs.
Adhai – din – ka – Jhonpra:
The A?hai Din ka Jhonp?a,was constructed in 1153 as a notable monument which was originally a college and converted into a mosque by Qu?buddin Aybak after 1193. It is situated on the lower slope of the Taragarh hill, additions were made to the mosque between 1220 and 1229. It is also noted for its double-depth calligraphy inscriptions, in Naskh and Kuficscripts . With the exception of that part used as a mosque, called Jama' Iltutmish (pronounced Altamish locally), nearly the whole of the ancient temple has fallen into ruins, but the relics are not excelled in beauty of architecture and sculpture by any remains of Hindu art. Forty columns support the roof, but no two are alike, and exceptional creativity is shown in the execution of the ornaments.
It was established in 1875 by Lord Mayo, Viceroy of India. The architecture of the school buildings evoke the grandeur of erstwhile princely Rajasthan. The main building of the school, in white marble, is a classic example of Indo-Saracenic architecture, and the design now lies in the archives of the British Museum in London.
The Anasagar Lake :
The historic man-made lake Ana Sagar lake was constructed by Maharaja Anaji (1135-1150 AD), the grandfather of Maharaja Prithviraj Chauhan. By the lake is the Daulat Bagh, a garden laid out by Emperor Jahangir. Emperor Shah Jahan later added five pavilions, known as the Baradari, between the garden and the lake.
The Tour cost will include:
The Tour cost will not include: